Faq Tour Booking
PACKAGE TOURS BOOKING - Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- How do I book and pay?
A1- Booking enquiries can be sent via the contact form. Please ensure you fill in all details, including email and phone number, so that we can respond promptly.
Tour prices are in US$ and vary according to the number of people booking.
Upon tour confirmation, we require a non refundable deposit of 30% of the total amount. Payment can be made by credit card or via bank transfer in USD. The remaining 70% is payable at the start of the tour. Please refer our terms and conditions for further information.
Note: On rare occasions, full payment can be required in advance. You will be advised of this at the time of booking.
Q2- Is there a minimum or maximum number of people for each tour?
A2– No, tours can be arranged for groups from one person up, and we also service to large groups.
Q3- Can you arrange my airlines tickets as well?
A3- We can book flights for some destinations, but we recommend that you book these from your departure point. This is because your local airlines can often access better rates than we do from Cambodia due to international airline regulations which prevent cross border air-ticketing manipulation in one single region. Airlines that fly to Cambodia include Korean Air, Air China, Qatar Airways, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Eva Airways, Air Asia and Jet Star Asia.
Q4- I have booked my own accommodation – can I still book one of your tours?
A4- Day tours, half-day tours or multi-day tours are available which exclude accommodations costs. These must be based in the same city, such as the Phnom Penh day tour or a multi-day tour of Angkor Wat and the surrounding areas. Contact Angkor 7th Travel to arrange a private tour tailored to your needs.
Q5- What if I have special requirements for my tour?
A5- If you have special requirements – for example, if you have a large group, young children, honeymoon trip, people with physical limitations, special transportation needs, or special meals such as vegetarian or food allergies – please let us know at the time of booking and we can work with you to ensure that we can meet your needs.
Q6- Is a deposit required to book a tour?
A6- A non-refundable deposit is needed to secure your booking with Angkor 7th Travel and to secure space with other service providers such as hotels to ensure your tour runs smoothly. As this deposit books the services of third parties, this is non-refundable.
Q7- How will I receive my travel documents?
A7- The details of service vouchers with booking references will be sending to you by email after booking is confirmed.
Q8- What is the cancellation policy?
A8- In the case of cancellation before the tour starts:
- If you have to cancel your tour, the 30% deposited will be forfeited. If the full amount has already been paid, we will refund you 70% of the total amount, provided you notify us at least 24 hours before the tour start date.
- If we have to cancel your tour or unable to operate it after receiving your payment, but before the tour starts, you will receive a full refund. This is very rare and would be the result of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control such as natural catastrophe or political unrest.
In the case of cancellation after the tour starts:
- If you need to cancel the tour part way through due to illness, emergency, or other unforeseen circumstances, you will receive a pro rata refund for the number of days which have not been used, minus a 20% cancellation fee. For example, if a seven-day tour costing $1000 is stopped after two days, you will receive a the cost of any unused days (five days at $143 per day is $714) minus a 20% cancellation fee (in this case $200), so the total refund would be $.
- If the tour has to be cancelled part way through due to circumstances beyond our control, such as a natural catastrophe, political unrest, extreme weather or accidents, you will receive a pro rata refund for the number of days which have not been used. For the example above the refund would be $714. There will be no other fees applied.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your tour, please raise this immediately and if the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to terminate your tour. No cancellation fees will be applied and you will be refunded any remaining tour days that have not yet been used. Any dissatisfaction that is not reported until after the tour is completed will not result in a refund as the relevant service providers will have already paid. We reserve the right to charge the cancellation fee if a tour is terminated because of illness or emergency, but clients claim "dissatisfaction".
Q9- Will I be met when I arrive in Cambodia?
A9- Most tours begin from Phnom Penh or Siem Reap International Aiports. All multi-day tours include pick up when you arrive in the city where the tour begins and transfers to your onward travel, whether this is from the airport, bus station or other transportation hub in the area. Additional supplements may be applied for meeting at international check points with Cambodia, depending on distances.
Day or half-day tours will begin and end at your hotel. This must be centrally located accommodation; additional supplements may apply for accommodations located outside the city.
Q10- What if I arrive earlier than my start date or wish to stay longer?
A10- If you arrive a day before the tour starts or wish to stay longer at the end of the trip, we can arrange pre and post-tour accommodation. This is not included in the package price and will be at an extra cost.
Q11- Are meals included in the tours?
A11- Each tour itinerary list details of what meals are included; usually lunch for day tours plus some evening meals for overnight or multi-day tours. Often these will be in local restaurants to offer a true Cambodian experience, or include additional attractions such as Apsara dancing. Those with special dietary requirements should inform us in advance so that we can do our best to accommodate your needs.
Breakfast is the responsibility of your hotel.
Q12- Will a guide accompany us to all tour sites?
A12- A guide will accompany you every step to the way to organise entrance tickets, transportation and any other logistical details. Your guide will also provide detailed information and history about each attraction you visit, ensuring that you get the most out of your tour.
Q13- My tour covers different cities – will I have the same guide for the whole tour?
A13- Your guide will accompany you as your transfer between cities so that you are able to experience as many aspects of Cambodia as possible along the way. However, you may then switch to a different guide for a portion of the trip, for example Angkor Wat, to ensure that you have the most knowledgeable expert for each attraction that you visit.
Q14- What happens if something goes wrong during my tour?
A14- We try our very best to ensure the smooth running of all trips. However, very rarely unforeseen circumstances arise, such as illness or extreme weather. You will be provided with our hotline contact numbers on your booking confirmation, so in the unlikely event of a problem occurring you can always contact one of our staff.
Our local tour guides are first aid trained and if there is a medical issue we will help to get you to an appropriate medical centre. Please ensure that you have adequate medical insurance for your trip. We also ensure that we have your emergency contact information for someone at home so they can be contacted if necessary.